How to get the best results from your Arestin® treatment:
● Don’t Touch. Avoid touching areas of your gums that your hygienist has treated.
● Wait To Brush. Wait 12 hours before brushing your teeth.
● Wait to Floss. Do not floss or use any interdental devices such as toothpicks, soft
picks or any other that clean between your teeth for 10 days.
● Avoid Eating Hard, Crunchy, or Sticky Foods for 1 week.
● Always Follow Up. Because the bacteria that cause periodontal disease are
persistent, the infection can return. Please be sure to make follow-up
appointments with your dental hygienist to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
** Remember, you must do your part. After your Arestin® therapy, if you don’t brush at
least 2 times per day and floss every day, then any dental treatment of your gum
disease will not work effectively. It is not uncommon to experience mild to moderate
sensitivity during the first week following treatment. If however, you experience pain,
swelling, or other complications, please call our office at 703-793-1771.
Download and print instructions here